SEO CONTEST UPDATE
Registration for Cheatad.com SEO contest is closed.
Check out Evoire.com SEO Contest (August – October 2010) as the next challenge.
International / Worldwide SEO Contest 2010 From Cheatad.com
I have long been fascinated with the mechanics behind successful SEO contests, and while I have never joined one, it always seems to be very interesting and shows intense competitions among participants.
Hereby would like to invite all bloggers, webmasters and search engine optimization specialists to join latest search engine optimization (SEO) contest for the year 2010. Test and hone your SEO skills, learn and improve your SEO techniques while stand a chance to earn the prize. Master your SEO expertise and get extra cash in the process.
Here are the details of Cheatad.com SEO contest, please read the rules carefully.
Rules and Mechanics for the Cheatad.com SEO Contest 2010 (May – July 2010):
- This SEO contest starts today, and will end on 31st of July 2010 (Saturday 12:00 noon Singapore Time / GMT+8)
- The keywords for this competition is salehdbrent sgdashhousedotcom
- Entry must be a webpage about Singapore property (real estate), can be an article, news, poll, resource page, tools, etc.
- In order to win the first prize, you must place first in Google (organic rankings) for the search term on July 31, 2010, 12.00 noon, Singapore Time (GMT+8).
- Prizes for 2nd place through 5th place will be awarded based on webpage placing in the corresponding positions in Google on July 31, 2010, 12.00 noon, Singapore Time (GMT+8).
- For the purpose of this competition, unregistered and indented listings in the SERPs will not be counted.
- In order to qualify for the prize, an entry must have a visible link to at least one of the sponsor links below. Use the anchor text and URL specified.
- URL: http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/room-for-rent/ Anchor text: room for rent
- URL: http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/room-for-rent/ Anchor text: room rental
- URL: http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/hdb-flat-for-rent/ Anchor text: HDB for rent
- URL: http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/hdb-flat-for-rent/ Anchor text: HDB rental
- URL: http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/hdb-for-sale/ Anchor text: HDB for sale
- URL: http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/hdb-for-sale/ Anchor text: HDB resale
- URL: http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/ Anchor text: Singapore property
- URL: http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/ Anchor text: Singapore real estate
- URL: http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/ Anchor text: HDB Singapore
- New and existing website / domain / subdomain names are allowed
- Domain / subdomain name must not contain any of the competition keyword. For clarity purpose, having more than 4 subsequent characters from keyword is considered as containing keyword. Thus, for example, sgdapage.blogspot.com is allowed but sgdaspage.blogspot.com is not
- There is NO limit on the number of entries/post you may make and submit.
- To register:
- Follow our twitter account at @cheatad. Don’t have a twitter account yet? Register now for a twitter account.
- Post/twit about this SEO contest at your twitter:
SEO Contest 2010 @cheatad is on http://bit.ly/cqDCGm . Join now !
- Post your twitter account name and URL entry as a comment here.
- Registration must be received latest by 18 July 2010. This is to prevent any last minute participant benefiting from Google reverse sandbox effect.
- Only registered entrants and valid entries are eligible to compete and win the prize.
- No pornography, no discrimination and no illegal behavior are permitted.
- The final ranking will be checked using the following search query:
- Participants using black hat techniques such as spamming, hidden text, page cloaking, etc will be disqualified.
- We reserve the sole and final words on determining valid entries and winning entries.
Cheatad.com SEO Contest 2010 Prizes
The prizes for the SEO competition are as follows:
- 1st – Prize = US$300 (Rank #1)
- 2nd – Prize = US$100 (Rank #2)
- 3rd – Prize = US$50 (Rank #3)
- 4th – Prize = US$50 (Rank #4)
- 5th – Prize = US$50 (Rank #5)
Prizes will be sent via Paypal.
Important Note: Required links should be on the entry post all through out the competition and should not be removed. The organizer and the host of the competition have the rights to disqualify any participant if they find the links removed or tagged by the entrants as NOFOLLOW during the competition.
* More prizes might be added if we get good response to this contest
** If you’d like to donate a prize, please contact us. It doesn’t have to be cash prize; can be server hosting, advertisement credit, etc.
*** We have the right to amend these rules as we see fit to do so.
Update 1: Prizes are in USD
Update 2: Modify rule #8 so it is clearer. New websites are allowed. Existing websites are also allowed.
Update 3: Added another option for sponsor link
Update 4: Modify rule #7, add the term at least to make it clearer.
Update 5: Modify rule #9, add verification on what constitute “containing keywords”.
Update 6: Added rule #15.
Update 7: Added rule #16.
Update 8: Updated Google datacenter from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 to better reflect contest focus on Singapore market.
Update 9: Require retweet of this post for registration. Entries already accepted as valid will be exempted from this requirement.
Update 10: Added registration due date that is 2 weeks earlier than competition end date.